Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"It's the most wonderful time of the year"

Merry Christmas Everyone!
I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and remembered the real reason for the season.
I have had a wonderful holiday so far. All of my siblings (and I mean all of them) were home and we all celebrated Christmas together. There is nothing better than being with the people you love and knowing that there is no time limit to how long you can be together. That is how I think Heaven will be. Although we won't always be in the same place at the same time there will be nothing keeping us from visiting anyone we want for any amount of time. That would be so nice.

So I got a lot more presents than I expected and my sister gave me a new book. I got a lot of cool things but the book was what I was most excited about. There is something about knowing that at my own leisure I can explore and re-explore a new life in this story that excites me. I have never been a good writer but I really appreciate the people who are.
I also received a new high-tech blender from Jamba Juice. I did not see that coming but I am so excited. Smoothies and shakes are pretty much my favorite food. It is going to be awesome!

I watched Polar Express tonight and the Conductor said to Billy at the end, "Friendship is the greatest gift of all" (or something similar to that) and I realized that it was true. Katie and Molly came over today to give me a gift (they are so nice) and it was a great gift (another book of course) but I would have been just as happy if they had come just to visit. I value their friendship more than any gift. The same with the rest of my friends and my family. I do a lot of what I do to please people and it is not because I want them to give me anything...except kindness and love. What could really matter more?

I hope you all had as great a Christmas as I did and I love you all!

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Meliss said...

Yes! Merry Christmas! It was an amazing break. Besides the fact I spent almost the whole time at home doing nothing. I spent that time with my siblings. Since I am older than all but one, I am their big sister. I love being the older sister. I do not know what I would do if I didn't have my little brothers in my life. I love them. They make me laugh. They are a light in my life. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home