Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Doorbell vs. Knocking

I need to preface this by telling you that my family has not had a doorbell for about 5 years. We have now had a doorbell for approximately 5 minutes and I can't stand it.
The sound of a doorbell is so unnatural. How many people really want to hear a cuckoo sound everytime someone comes to their door. Having no doorbell opens up so many possiblities:
-You get to be creative with the Please Knock signs your Mom asks you to put up (it's always good to quote a little scripture D&C 4: 7).
-It is a conversation starter.
-It is fun to see how many people will read the sign, ring the doorbell, and then read it again and realize that they were supposed to knock.
-Knocking is much more personal.
I always hesitate to ring the doorbell at someone elses house because I don't know if it is going to work. This might not have made sense but the incessant dinging (that has yet to stop) forced me to vent somewhere.

I went to my first swim meet in about 3 years today (last time I went was to Karl's sophomore meet and seeing him in a speedo was enough to last me a life time-let alone the experience on tour last year) and I actually had a really good time. I got to spend some quality time with my friends and see my other friends do what they do best. Go Swim Team!

Everyone get to bed early and sleep well!

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Giggity-giggity-gasp!

Marissa's got a blog!

Good work, I'm afraid of knocking, though; it scares me for some reason.

O' course, I'm a pansy.

In other news, join the Alliance!
http://tvillealliance.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger CJThatcher said...

(8) Knock three times on the ceiling if you waaa-aant me.(8)

Hahaha, I've only seen your door once, but the sign made me laugh. I really agree with you on this one. Although I've always had a doorbell, I'm suddenly filled with the urge to go disconnect it and put a cool sign up. Amen sister, amen.

Indeed, you should join the Alliance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home